Thursday 12 January 2017

My experience at Greys

Salon experience at Welwyn Garden City Greys 

DISCLAIMER: I have not been paid by Greys, I have only recently been to this salon, yesterday was my first visit and not the last. 

Snapchat: missamymcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
If you want to keep up to date with that I do on a daily basis follow me on my social media above, and I'll be sure to follow you right back :).

Hello and Good Evening Little ones! How are you all? I've been filming and typing away today, just about to head out to dinner, but before I do that I wanted to tell you how my experience was with Greys yesterday. Some of you may be aware that I'm in the process of dying my hair grey balayage, it's going to take a few more goes but the process yesterday was fantastic ... You hear some horror stories on the internet, and this isn't one of them' time to spread some positive. If you are planning on getting your hair dyed and don't know where to go, then have a little read of this.   

Check out my recent blog giveaway click here!



Where do I start? The consultation? Yes ... Consultation! I was on my lunch break (only get 30 minutes) and I was researching where to go, didn't want to go to Stoneshills as last time was awful-I'll let you know in another blog post if you are interested.
Where I live there isn't much, but a BUNCH of: hairdressers, coffee shops and charity shops, so I seeked out Greys and went in there. I'm a very anxious person and get nervous when booking appointments, but as soon as I went in there, they greeted me with a warm smile and started a casual conversation. I told them what I wanted and they booked me a consultation right then and there! My hairdresser Claire walked me through the process and stated that it would take a few goes for my hair to turn that colour ... Which I thought was extremely helpful! She also did a skin test, and took a piece of my hair and showed me what colour it would go, again I hadn't even given her a single penny and she was treating me like royalty. Right off the bat I knew I was walking into the right place. It only took 10 minutes, I even had time to finish my lunch and visit my boyfriend, (we work in the same shopping centre).
Two days before I was due to go to my appointment Claire phoned me and said, "would you like to come in earlier, as you have thick hair". Of course I said yes! I was so excited! And I was so happy with the service as she actually thought about me, and offered if I wanted to go in earlier ... I was falling in love and was so content and I hadn't even had my hair done.

It was time! I walked into Greys at 12:00pm and Claire was there waiting for me ... I love people who are dead on time, I have so much respect. Me and her clicked, it felt like I had known her for years, the conversation was constantly flowing, I didn't feel awkward at any point. There was a point where I told her where I worked, which is a phone shop, and she was actually a customer at the phone shop I work at. Because I really like her, I thought that I should give her my friends/family discount .. I really hope that she comes in a day that I'm working, just because she's such a lovely person.
In terms of her work, she did an amazing job! Just watching her looking after my hair, and making sure that what she was doing was perfect was amazing. She never left me alone at ANY point, she was always there to make sure that the dye wasn't on for too long. Something that Stonehills was awful for! I went there a few months ago, and the "top" guy left me on my own, I had a massive panic attack thinking that my hair was falling out ... He left me for an hour on my own ... With BLEACH in my hair ... You can see why I wanted to change.
Anyhow, when it came to washing my hair she did it so gently, nearly made me go to sleep! She also used hair products that I wanted to buy; so it was like try before you buy. Claire was just amazing at her job, so lovely and kind! She's been doing her job for over 10 years, and damn my hair looks amazing because of her!
I was so thankful, and will always be! She's going to be my staple hairdressers for a while! I have another appointment booked in with her in Feburary, and I can't wait to see her again, and the team! They were all so attentive and kind ... I don't mind paying extra, simply because I get the service alongside.

I would highly recommend this salon, if you don't mind paying a little extra then you will love the experience. I had the full package done, dying my hair took a very long time ... 4 hours, and Claire made the experience amazing. To keep my attention, and a conversation flowing for that long on both behalf's was fantastic.
I hope that the team in Welwyn see this, you are all so lovely! Wouldn't mind working there myself!

Anyhow! This is now the end of the blog post, I hope you enjoyed reading this! I sure loved writing it! I hope you all had a lovely day, I will see you again very soon! I love you Little Ones! Stay safe and stay tuned :) x x x

Snapchat: missamymcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
If you want to keep up to date with that I do on a daily basis follow me on my social media above, and I'll be sure to follow you right back :).

No comments:

Post a Comment