Thursday 4 August 2016

Advice-traveling abroad for the first time

Traveling abroad for the first time nerves

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Snapchat: missamymcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
If you want to keep up to date with that I do on a daily basis follow me on my social media above, and I'll be sure to follow you right back :).


Good evening Little ones! How have you been today? I’ve been on land and sea for over 8 hours! I’m so happy to be in France at this very moment in time, it’s absolutely stunning, although it’s pitch black, from the scenery I’ve witnessed getting here was breathtaking. This was the first time in my entire life that I had visited another country, I can't wait to take you all along with me day by day. 
Any how, I was evidently extremely nervous, but I knew how to deal with it, so I thought that I would share my thoughts and feelings and tell you how to keep your nerves at bay. 

If you want to read other advice blog posts, click here!

Background information:

Fundamentally, as some of you may already know I suffer with anxiety and depression, and in some situations it draws them out more so. Especially if I have no idea where I am, or if I'm out of my comfort zone, me heading to France for the first time was VERY nerve-wreaking for me, but thanks to my new beautiful family they were there to support me. Something else which I thought would be best to tell you, is that I get travel sick ... Horrendously with cars, and now boats, as I discovered today. But all in all it was a successful journey, and I'm finally in another country! After 19 years of living, and I'm out of the UK!

Tips to calm your nerves:

  • Surround yourself with family:
    If this is your first time abroad and you are nervous, make sure that you surround yourself with family or friends. This way they know that you are anxious about your current situation and they can make you feel at ease. This is exactly what I did today, they knew how I felt and they dealt with it extremely well, they are so understanding and supportive; and for that I love and thank them very much :).
    In addition to this, it will also pass the time quicker, the more time you spend with your family and friends, the faster the time goes! Plus it creates more memories and happy times. For example, when I was in the car earlier on today I will never forget me and Sam (boyfriends brother) dancing in the backseat, he;s ever so funny and knows how to calm me down and make me feel welcome.
  • Listen to music:
    When I am traveling around London, I have become accustomed to have headphones with me at all times. When I start to feel anxious I pop them in and start listening to music, this way it takes my mind off the situation I am in. It also lowers my anxiety levels, as I can't hear the people around me, as they spread negativity most of the time, as they don't particularly like the underground either. By eliminating the negativity and stress, you are able to focus on yourself, and yourself only. If you can feel yourself slipping into a panic attack, you are able to take control of the situation and step back.
  • Watch a film or read a book:
    I wish I could have done this today, I tried but because of being so travel sick one look at a book and I would have been sick all over the place. But if you don't have this issue go ahead and read/watch films to your hearts content! Your day will fly by and you will start to forget where you are completely, as you are taken away in your own world. Additionally, depending on how long the journey is you can watch as many films as you like, which will not only make you feel better; but you can discuss it with the family later on. 
This is the end of the blog post! Sorry that it was so short, but a little advice post doesn't hurt! Although tomorrow I have something exciting for you all! I will be showing you what I saw today and writing about how I felt at that moment in time! It should be up tomorrow afternoon, if not then night-time. Throughout this week I won't have many vegan recipes, but I will try as hard as I can. 
I love you all so very much! I hope you have had a lovely day, I will see you tomorrow! Sweet dreams, stay safe and stay tuned :) x x x

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Snapchat: missamymcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
If you want to keep up to date with that I do on a daily basis follow me on my social media above, and I'll be sure to follow you right back :).

 



No comments:

Post a Comment