Tuesday 27 September 2016

Non-vegan date night recipe

Creamy chicken and spinach pasta 

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Snapchat: missamymcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
If you want to keep up to date with that I do on a daily basis follow me on my social media above, and I'll be sure to follow you right back :).


Good morning you lovely people! How was your day yesterday? I had a gorgeous meal with my man last night, I was also meant to post this yesterday but I was so tired due to my lectures; I just wanted to hit the hay. Any how, what are you up to today? I don't have another lecture until 2 this afternoon! I can relax until then :). 
I thought that it was about time to introduce something new to my blog, so here it is! Non-vegan recipes, I will post these throughout the week, I want to reach a wider target audience; and if that means bringing non-vegan meals into the equation then so be it :).
I hope you enjoy these romantic recipe, hopefully see you in the next one :).






BEHIND THE SCENES:

Fundamentally, the story behind this meal wasn't as romantic as it portrays. Me and my other half were so stressed, due to work and our own personal life; that toppled on moving in; it just got too much. We wanted our own time together, in which we have finally obtained. We created this meal to celebrate our new chapter together; in which I was so happy and he was too. We finally have our own home; it feels amazing to share a home with my Christopher :).
As shown in the pictures above the meal wasn't vegan, Chris didn't want an entire vegan meal, which I can completely understand ; I'm not going to make him change his diet because of me; that would be so unfair. So I ate the meal with him, I'm still vegan but I'm not entirely strict about turning other people vegan; if they want to do it then so be it; but I'm not going to kick up a fuss. Especially in this circumstance, Chris wanted to have a non-vegan meal, so I agreed to let that happen; it's not a moment of weakness; it's being respectful to the people I love. 
In addition to this, I was thinking about my non-vegan friends, and they wanted me to post non-vegan recipes, so that they can recreate what I do on the internet, so here I am, giving what the people want :).

INGREDIENTS:

  • 100 grams gluten free pasta (I have to eat this pasta because gluten makes my tummy angry);
  • 50 grams spinach;
  • 50ml single cream;
  • 50 grams parmesan cheese;
  • 1 chili;
  • 2 chicken breast;
  • olive oil (for the frying pan);
  • salt

STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS;

  1. Pour 500ml of boiled water into a pan, add a pitch on salt and stir;
  2. put the pasta into the pan and put the lid in-top. Then turn the power onto a low simmer (1-2), cook for 8-10 minutes;
  3. when the pasta is cooking prepare the chicken. Cut the chicken breast into fine chunks, this will make it cook faster. 
  4. put oil in a frying pan and turn the heat to number 5, wait until it's boiling hot. When the pan has reached the correct temperature throw the chicken chunks in;
  5. drain the pasta and add the single cream, when the creamy concoction is steaming and boiling add all the spinach until it wilts (this will take around 5 minutes);
  6. add the already cooked chicken from earlier and stir well;
  7. add the parmesan and stir until there is cheese everywhere;
  8. plate up and add extra cheese on top (if you want);
  9. ENJOY!:D 

WHY THESE INGREDIENTS:

Spinach:
Abundant flavonoids in spinach act as antioxidants to keep cholesterol from oxidizing and protect your body from free radicals, particularly in the colon. The folate in spinach is good for your healthy cardiovascular system, and magnesium helps lower high blood pressure.

Chicken:
Chicken as we all know contains an mass amount of protein, this repairs your muscles and insures that they won't rip or pull. This is crucial in your diet if you do weight-training or any form of sports. In a way I had to have chicken yesterday, since I'm now back in the gym. 

This is the end of my blog post, I really hoped you enjoyed this! It was highly requested to do non-vegan recipes, I just want to give to you ALL. If you are vegan or not. I hope that you respect the way that I have chosen to do my blog; I just want to give to everyone; I want to make EVERYONE happy :).
I love you all so very much, if you have anymore questions or requests please do let me know in the comment section down below; or my social media. Have a lovely day and I will see you again later!
Stay safe and stay tuned Little ones :) x x x 

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Snapchat: missamymcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
If you want to keep up to date with that I do on a daily basis follow me on my social media above, and I'll be sure to follow you right back :).



No comments:

Post a Comment