Monday 29 January 2018

BACK ON ANTIDEPRESSANTS

MY ANTIDEPRESSANTS: VENLAFAXINE

Snapchat: amymrmcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
YOUTUBE: MissRoseMcGuire

Good evening Little Ones! Another day, another blog post, today we are talking about my antidepressants ... I've sat down for a number of months, and decided to head down the medication route again. 
My mental health has been spiralling out of control, and seeing that I don't yet have time for therapy, antidepressants will be a temporary fix.
If you are wondering what I'm currently taking, the steps I took in order to get this medication, and how it makes me feel, keep scrolling.
To ensure you are keeping up to date with my daily blog posts, click here to read more! Without any further or do, let's roll on my antidepressants.



WHY ANTIDEPRESSANTS?

Everyone heads down the antidepressant route for several reasons, personally I tried not to edge back, due to past negative experiences; but seeing that I had tried every avenue, this was my only option left standing.
As mentioned previously, my mental health has been struggling, I've found it exceedingly hard to motivate myself, as well as pretending to be happy ... It was sucking the life out of me, I found myself daily battling suicidal thoughts. 
Before anything drastic took place, I finally decided to take a trip to my GP and explain everything that had occurred these past few months, right away my doctor skipped tier one, and moved me to tier 3 ... Which is the highest level on the antidepressant hierarchy. 

WHAT ANTIDEPRESSANT AM I TAKING?

Venlafaxine, also known as Effexor, targets chemicals in the brain that may be unbalanced due to depression, it's used to treat major depressive disorder, anxiety and panic disorder.
Venlafaxine, like many other antidepressants have side effects, the common ones are: nausea, insomnia, decreased sex drive, shaking and dizziness.
I didn't know how powerful this drug was until I took it, automatically I felt sick, and didn't know where I was, eventually I felt extremely calm and relaxed.
But after a few days, I started to develop dangerous side effects, such as: blurred vision, chest tightness, confusion, slurred speech, weakness and passing out ... I've never been one for coping well with medication, my body still wants to reject venlafaxine, but I have been given two options from today, either continue taking the drug until my body eventually accepts, or come off it all together. 

I still have no idea what route I wish to take, but seeing that this is the last antidepressant I can take, I may remove myself from the course and send myself back to therapy.
Although, on just my second day of taking venlafaxine, I had a terrifying experience ... Which I will discuss in a separate blog post tomorrow. 
All in all, I'm not really enjoying taking this medication, I've only been digesting this drug for a few days; but I feel so disconnected from the world, as if I wasn't here. 
It's not me, and I want myself back, but in a more positive body, I just want to be happy without shoving drugs down my throat.  
Right Little Ones, that's it for today's blog post, I will be back tomorrow with my frantic experience with venlafaxine, if you want to hear it? Either way, there will be something up for you guys! I love you all so very much! Enjoy the rest of your evening, if you have any other questions on this medication, as well as if you are ready for antidepressants, don't be afraid to use the comment section down below, as well as my social media handles!
Remember to stay safe and stay tuned! :) x x x 

Snapchat: amymrmcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
YOUTUBE: MissRoseMcGuire

No comments:

Post a Comment