Wednesday 10 January 2018

BAKING-MERINGUE

MERINGUE MOUNTAINS:

Instagram:amymrmcguire
Twitter:amymrmcguire
Snapchat: amymrmcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com


Good afternoon Little Ones! How are you all today? I thought that it was about time to give you something that I started with ... BAKING! It's been some time, but since the move, and not feeling confident with myself, I stuck with topics I knew I could talk about in a creative way. BUT, this is a new year, and I love baking, besides, I've been doing it since the age of 8 ... So let's not stop anytime soon.
One of my favourite deserts has to be meringue, but it also has to be PERFECT.
I'm really particular, it has to be crunchy on the outside, and slightly chewy in the centre, what are your thoughts? Without any further or do, let's get baking!








TIPS BEFORE BAKING:

Meringue isn't simple. Please get this into your mind beforehand, it takes a while to perfect, and a LOT of patience. You may be thinking, 'but it's only eggs' ... Yes you are right, but if you want the PERFECT meringue, you need to ensure that the egg whites are completely separate and that NOTHING is touching them, otherwise when you go to whisk, it won't hold.
You also need to expect that you need to be patient, time is key ... Depending on the size you are going for, it's going to take a LONG time in the oven. And it doesn't stop there, you need to let them cool for around 30 minutes; believe me, if you take them off straight away, the bottom will tear right off, and ruin your pudding. 
Finally, check that the texture is correct, the famous way to do so, is turn the bowl upside-down ... If it doesn't fall out then you are good to go. But DON'T use the mixture if it's still sliding all over the place, it won't rise, and who want's a flat meringue? Not me.
Now that we have the lecture out of the way, let's get baking!





EQUIPMENT:

  • Glass large bowl,
  • Whisk,
  • Large pot, 
  • Small pot,
  • Sieve,
  • Piping bag,
  • Circle nozzle to put into the piping bag, 
  • Baking tray,
  • Grease-proof paper.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 240 grams Icing sugar, 
  • 4 large egg whites, 
  • 1tsp Vanilla extract (OPTIONAL),
  • Strawberry's (OPTIONAL),
  • Red current jelly (OPTIONAL).

METHOD:

  1. Preheat your oven to 140 degrees (fan), or 3 (gas),
  2. Prepare your baking trays, place your grease-proof paper onto the trays,
  3. Separate the egg whites, place them in a large bowl and whisk until foamy,
  4. Sieve in the icing sugar until combined, (keep whisking),
  5. Place the bowl over a large pan of slightly simmered water, keep whisking until tough peaks form,
  6.  (OPTIONAL) add the vanilla extract,
  7. Place your egg white mixture in the piping bags, and start piping your meringue mountains onto the trays, (TIP-start in the middle and slowly make your way up to the tip, the slower you go the bigger your meringue mountain will be),
  8. Place in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes,
  9. (OPTIONAL) prepare your topping, heat the red current jelly in a small pan until runny, chop how many strawberry's you wish, and place them to the side,
  10. Let the meringue cool for 30 minutes and decorate,
  11. EAT!
Right Little Ones! This is the end of the blog post! I really do hope you enjoyed this one! I know some of you wanted a product review; but as mentioned previously, I haven't baked for a while ... And this really makes me content! If you want more baking blog posts, then please do let me know! If you want to see something different you know what to do! Use the comment section down below, or my social media handles are down below!
I hope you relish the rest of your day, and I will see you all Friday! For now, stay safe and stay tuned! :) x x x 

Instagram:amymrmcguire
Twitter:amymrmcguire
Snapchat: amymrmcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment