Friday 5 January 2018

MODELLING

HOW I STARTED MODELLING:

Instagram:amymrmcguire
Twitter:amymrmcguire
Snapchat: amymrmcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com


Good afternoon Little Ones! How have you all been? Third blog post this week! I feel so proud that I finally have a routine involved with my Blog! If you don't already know, I will be posting every: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, that's the aim I'm sticking to, I need to stay consistent. Any how, let's move onto today's blog post! I've received a tone of messages regarding: how I got into modelling, do I still do it, is it your main job? All those questions will be answered today! So, without further or do, let's get reading.



THE BEGINNING:

We all start somewhere, but for me, I never had the initial idea of modelling, I'm 5ft4 ... Which automatically determines never getting into the industry. Any how, I remember sitting in town, and my fiance suggested taking photographs of me, (which I never did)-I was too shy and timid for anyone to do that.
But I felt great that day, the sun was shining, I was rocking out Chris's sunglasses, and decided to strike a few poses. We only took a couple, he showed me the outcomes; and I didn't think I looked half-bad, it then sprung to me, why don't I try modelling, it doesn't have to be serious, I could get into contact with a few photographs and see what they think. Chris thought that it would be a great way to boost my confidence in relation to my physical appearance, and overall diminish a section of my anxiety. 
For the first few weeks, I kept Chris taking my photos, as I was comfortable with him, after that it was time for my first shoot. I had learnt what poses looked best on my physique, and what I felt comfortable with. 
June 2017 was my first London shoot with a professional photographer, who I immediately felt at ease with, he was kind, and exceedingly easy to talk to; which helped when I showed him what look I was going for. At first I was nervous, as I had no idea what he was thinking, but he stated that despite my height; I had great potential. You could say that he was being nice, but he wasn't paid for this shoot, it wasn't like he was getting a large sum of money, he was genuine.




IS IT MY JOB?

As much as I enjoy modelling, I can't see myself doing it full-time. Simply because I have other personal hobbies I relish more, maybe in the near future; but I want to create something, instead of having my picture taken. That's not saying that I'm stopping, as I still do enjoy it, but I feel that I need to become more confident in my own skin, before a sign a contract.
I know many of you like the images I post on Instagram, and to be honest, knowing that you love them, makes me feel so content. I'm so pleased to know that I have over  5000 followers due to my modelling pictures! 
Like I've mentioned previously, when I feel comfortable with myself I may look into going into modelling full-time; as I believe it will help me grow, and love myself as a person. Not being vein, but loving yourself is the most important thing you can do, I just haven't got there yet.



WHAT WAS MY FAVOURITE SHOOT?

This is the easiest question to answer, without a doubt Rome was my favourite photo-shoot! I initially went there on holiday with Chris, and I managed to get into contact with a photographer that was working, he came to the apartment we were staying in, and proceeded to take some photographs of me! I was so honoured to work with him, and he managed to capture angles of me, I never thought of. He was extremely patient and understanding, and done a perfect job.




DO I HAVE ANYTHING PLANNED?

I do indeed! I have made arraignments with several photographs in London throughout the year, and I can't wait to show you the final outcomes! It's nothing secretive, I just need to set a final date for my first shoot of the year in January/February time; which will be with the same photographer I worked with, back in June last year. I have several mood boards planned, but they correlate with the time of year I'm shooting. Besides, I want an element of surprise for you lovely lot! 





Anyhow, this concludes today's blog post, I hope you enjoyed this little read, something very different from what I normally post. But I wanted something other hand a product review! I do have things cooking in the kitchen, so stay tuned for that! Coming later next week! 
If you want to see modelling updates, or what a dedicated post on a shoot I've participated in, then please do let me know, and I will do that for you. 
Also, please inform me if you want me to write something specific, leave a comment down below, or utilise my social media handles.
Please enjoy the rest of your day, and I will see you in the next blog post! Remember to stay safe, and stay tuned! :) x x x

Instagram:amymrmcguire
Twitter:amymrmcguire
Snapchat: amymrmcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment