Friday 12 January 2018

BAKING-CARROT AND ORANGE CAKE

CARROT AND ORANGE CAKE:

Instagram:amymrmcguire
Twitter:amymrmcguire
Snapchat: amymrmcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com


Good afternoon Little Ones! How are you all? I'm back again with another baking blog post! I was planning on doing a product review; but seeing that I wanted to bake, that's what I did instead! But don't worry! Product reviews are coming next week!
I didn't want to bake something that was plain and simple, let's be real here; that's not how I roll! Many of you will know that by now, but for my new fans, I'm not the typical blogger, have a scroll through my older blog posts! Anyhow, off topic, let's get baking! That's why your here right?






TIPS BEFORE BAKING:

The recipe book I was following was excellent, but I felt there were some simple tips that could've been added, just to make the baking experience even easier. For instance, it states that you mix all the ingredients at the same time ... Please don't do this. I find it a lot easier if you mix all the wet ingredients, and then add the dry ingredients. First and foremost, mix the sugar and butter together, that way when you add the other wet ingredients; it's easier to combine. Just a little tip.





EQUIPMENT:

  • Wooden spoon,
  • Large bowl,
  • Medium bowl,
  • Sieve,
  • 2lb loaf tin
  • Grease-proof paper.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 orange,
  • 150 grams butter (soft)
  • 150 grams light mascovado sugar 
  • 175 grams grated carrot
  • 2 large eggs,
  • 200 grams self-raising flour,
  • 1 tsp baker powder,
  • Half tsp ground mixed spice
  • Honey (OPTIONAL)

METHOD:

  1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan, or 160 degrees gas. 
  2. Prepare the loaf tin-lightly butter the inside and place grease proof paper on top,
  3. Prepare your fruit and vegetable. Grate the orange peel and place to one side, then cut the orange into segments and diminish the pith.
    Only grate the carrot and place to one side.
  4. Add the butter and sugar into a large bowl and cream together until fully combined, add the other wet increments: carrot, orange peel, eggs, mix until fully combined.
  5. Add the dry ingredients: flour, mixed spice, baking powder and fold in until combined.
  6. Place the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for an hour,
  7. Take the cake out of the oven, place the orange segments on top, and glaze honey on top of the orange (OPTIONAL), and place back into the oven for 5 more minutes. 
  8. After the 5 minutes is up, let the cake cool for 30 minutes and enjoy with your favourite cream or custard! 
Well, this is the end of another blog post! I hope you enjoyed this one! I've already had a nibble of my cake, and I love it! I can't wait to have some more after dinner! If you want some more baking blog posts, please do let me know, and I will accommodate to your needs. If you want something else other than baking, again, use the comment section down below, or my social media handles! I love you all so very much, and I will see you again Monday with another blog post!
Remember to stay safe and stay tuned! :) x x x

Instagram:amymrmcguire
Twitter:amymrmcguire
Snapchat: amymrmcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment