Tuesday 5 July 2016

Vegan recipe-breakfast pie

Branflake, oat and almond milk breakfast pie

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
If you want to keep up to date with that I do on a daily basis follow me on my social media above, and I'll be sure to follow you right back :).

Good morning my lovely's! How was your night sleep? I have already watered my flowers, and I'm going to be buying a new addition to the family later on; I will let you guys know all about it :).
In regards to this blog post I made it at the top of my head ... And I can't believe it worked! I was pondering on what I could have for breakfast, and then I thought I have this this and this; why not throw it together? I did and it worked! 
If you want to know how to make this concoction, have a gander below :) 

If you want to see another vegan recipe, click here!









Ingredients for base:

  • 1 cup branflakes;
  • 1 cup oats;
  • 1 cup almond milk.

Ingredients for filling and base:

  • 50 grams of your yogurt of choice, I chose Alpro berry yogurt;
  • 25 grams of green and red grapes;
  • 4 blackberries;
  • 10 grams blueberries;
  • 1 cherry.

STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS:

  1. Put the branflakes and oats into a bowl, and crush with your hands; 
  2. add the almond milk and stir until combined, put the mixture at the bottom of the tin and press down with a folk;
  3. add into the tin of your choice. I used a small cake tin as I wanted a thick base;
  4. spread the yogurt on top of the base; 
  5. place your fruits on top of the yogurt; you don't have to make it fancy I just wanted it to look pretty;
  6. put in the fridge for 30-45 minutes; 
  7. cut your slice, drizzle golden syrup (optional) and ENJOY! :D 

Why these ingredients:

Almond milk:
Almond milk is filled with potassium, this helps prepare and enhance: cells, tissue and organs in the human body. This is essential in everyday life, you always need to repair yourself.

Blueberries:

The blueberry's fiber, potassium, folate, and vitamin C coupled with its lack of cholesterol, all support heart health. The fiber in blueberries helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease this is perfect if heart disease runs in the family.

Blackberries:

Much like spinach, raisins, apples, plums and grapes, blackberries are rich in bioflavonoids and Vitamin C. This is perfect for the skin, it replaces new cells, as well as keeping the skin firm and soft.  


Strawberries:


A strawberry is an excellent antioxidant, this means that they are the first call when it comes to fighting diseases in the body; they also prevent causing other damage to other cells. Strawberries also donate electrons to unstable free radicals. This means that they don't have to take electrons from innocent cells.

Grapes:

Grapes contain powerful antioxidants known as polyphenols, which may slow or prevent many types of cancer, including esophageal, lung and mouth. Antioxidants fight infections and improve your immune system. They are also super tasty and replace all the naughty treats. 

Cherries:

Cherries contain powerful antioxidants like anthocyanins and cyanidin, these components build the immune system, and also detox your body from any unwanted bacteria, as well as making your healthier.

I hope you enjoy this recipe, it was my own creation and it actually worked out! I still can't believe that this actually worked and tastes amazing! Thank you again for reading this post, I would love to see your recreations of this recipe! 

Please tell me what you think, and give me suggestions of what you would like me to make in the future. 
I will see you again later on today with a gardening update, I'm adding a new addition to the flower family :).
If you want to see what else I have been up to today, or follow me around follow my social media platform below this post. I will follow you back and we can have a conversation about our common interests :).
I love you all so very much! Stay safe and stay tuned Little ones! :) x x x 


Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment