Monday 4 July 2016

My first time gardening

Gardening adventure 

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
If you want to keep up to date with that I do on a daily basis follow me on my social media above, and I'll be sure to follow you right back :).


Good afternoon my lovely's! I'm here again, writing another blog post, lets hope you aren't bored of them! I thought that it would be interesting to show you what I was up to this morning and yesterday evening. It was my first time gardening and I wanted to share my experience with you. I'm no genius with gardening, I'm a noob, but I love flowers and nature! 
If you want to see more blog posts like this let me know in the comments below or on my social media :)






My first experience:

First and foremost, this was the first time in my life that I had ever done gardening, I have no idea why it took me so long; but it's a new hobby that I love and wish to continue in the future. When I was a little girl I used to water my Nanny's flowers (aka potato fairy-my own personal joke). I would love seeing the flowers grow and turn into different colours. It was an enchanting experience, how I wish I could go back there; but she's unfortunately passed away. Gardening yesterday bought back nostalgia of when I used to see my Nan; she loved flowers, and she would be so proud of me if she could see me now. 
More-so, when I was gardening, I felt at peace, I was so content and happy. I could see my mum in the living-room smiling at me. She watched everything come to life with my bare hands. I think she she's her Mum in me, in which pleases her. 
I loved cutting the bag of compost open, and smelling the rich soil, it was breathtaking, it was like I was with my Nan. Also collecting the stones to go at the bottom of the pot was great, Chris (my boyfriend) Anne (boyfriends mum) and I went around my garden and searched for stones. The day was beautifully bright, and there was happiness in the air; I love their company; they make me ever so content. It was great teamwork in a nutshell; they are so incredibly important to me :).  

What motivated me to start now?

Since becoming vegan I have discovered various factors in life, one being to grow your own fruit and vegetables; but I had no idea how to. I put it to one side and thought, 'seems stressful and so much work'. But I saw the pure beauty, especially in Anne's garden. I saw what the potential was, her garden is stunning. She has gorgeous flowers everywhere you go, rich in colour and personality. Everywhere I stepped I could see her hard work. Eventually I saw her gardening, she taught me the basics and even took me shopping for flower supplies. Me and her have bonded greatly, and I love her; I really do. I saw all of her hard work, and wanted to emulate it. Anne grows the BEST strawberries! They are so sweet and juicy! She's also growing peas and broad beans! I can't wait to see what they turn out like :).
I remember seeing her yesterday, and she was telling me that she has seen a double rose bush, and that she wanted to clone the flower. I loved this idea! We both went down to where it was and cut off the dead stems. We have put them in water and we are simply waiting for it to grow roots; after that we can plant them and pray that it grows into a double rose. 
We are having a competition to see who's grows first! I hope I win! :') ... Something she did say which was very sweet and kind was, "if this works, I will give you the stem to the white rose in our garden". This was so overwhelming and kind, simply because they are my favourite flowers, and it was my Nan's favourite! If this works it'll be like my Nan is in the garden with me. 

What will happen in the future? 

In regards to the future I will 100% improve on what I have. I know that there's only a few flowers, but I will be growing vegetables in pots in a few weeks time. I will also expand to the flowers and go all out! I want my garden to become a forest! I want my mum and Anne to be proud of my hard work. I will keep you up to date with what I add to my garden, and give you a detailed review on what I've bought and what I'm going to do :). 

Thank you so much for reading this post! I want to see what you guys get up to! And if that's: painting, gardening, reading etc! Anything please let me know! I have so many hobbies to catch up on! And we can have a conversation on the interest traits we share!
I love you all so very much and I will see you tomorrow with a vegan recipe and a review, or I might even take you out on a trip to London! Tell me what yo want :)
Stay tuned Little ones, and stay safe! :) x x x 

If you want to talk to me don't be shy, hit me up on my social media below :) 
Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment