Wednesday 6 July 2016

Little adventures-new addition to the flower family

Kalanchoe

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Snapchat: missamymcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
If you want to keep up to date with that I do on a daily basis follow me on my social media above, and I'll be sure to follow you right back :).

Good morning you lovely people! I was having a gardening session last night, and I added a new member to the flower family! I was so excited, I bought his flower yesterday and it's stunning. Subtle but perfect. Also my other flowers seem to be growing and bursting with more colour than ever! If you want to see my updates, and the Kalanchoe (new flower), have a little read down below :).

If you want to see the beginning of my flower adventure, click here!





About kalanchoe:

The Kalanchoe, pronounced as Kal-un-kee belongs to the 125 species of tropical, succulent flowering plants in the family Crassulaceae. These beautiful flowers originates from the Americas, 56 from southern & eastern Africa and 60 species in Madagascar; but they can also be found in south-eastern Asia until China. In addition to this, these flowers averagely grow to 1 meter, the flowers I have has barely budding; it will get much bigger and I'm so excited to show you the outcome. In regards to what they are used for, they are cultivated as used for decoration around the house or garden. They are so dainty but beautiful to look at how could you not have these in your home? :) 

Why these flowers:

I was strolling around Waitrose, looking for some ingredients for another vegan recipe and I came across the flower section. I saw these beauties on the middle shelf and fell in love! The colour is gorgeous and breathtaking! It screams opulence and class. The warm beige and orange undertones really brings the flowers together; instead of standing out of the crowd and clashing with the other members of the flower family; it adds warmth ad togetherness. In addition to this, I adore ditsy flowers, the way they sit there in a group and crowd together is perfection; they aren't too in your face, it's a subtle suggestion of beauty. 

Steps on how I planted them:

  1. Gathered stones around the garden and placed them at the bottom of the pot, this ensures that the plant won't fall over;
  2. I then filled the pot halfway with compost; 
  3. I took the Kalanchoe out of the tiny pot it was in, and then placed it to the side of the bigger pot I was planting it in;
  4. I then filled the pot to the top with compost, while making sure that the base of the plant was completely covered. This is because you want to make sure that the Kalanchoe intakes all the nutriance from the compost;
  5. watered the plant and placed it with the family.

Update on ALL the flowers:

Profoundly, after 3 days of having these wonderful delights they seem to be stronger, healthier and brighter. I  water them 2 times a day, morning and evening, they all get the same amount of water, and additional liquid if it rains during the day. The white flowers at the back were partially damaged when I bought them, I wanted to see if I could water them back to health; so far so good! They still look frail, but the white is brighter, and the some of the brown roots are turning green! I'm ever so happy with their recovery and growth rate! I will give you regular updates on how they are doing; I want to take you on this flower journey; I hope you are enjoying it so far :).

 What happens in the future?

In regards to the future, I will continue looking after this flower family, and I hope to be extending the family again some time soon. I also want to add some fruit and vegetable in the mix! Instead of making my vegetable patch this year; I will grow my fruit and vegetables in large pots :). 
If you have any suggestions on what you would like me to grow, or what you would like me to add to the flower family be give me some suggestions; I want this flower patch to be ours :).

Thank you for reading this post! I will see you again later on today with a beauty review! Also I'm heading into London tomorrow; so you will see what I did over there tomorrow evening or the following day as I will be writing about it! 
If you want to follow me around London, look at my social media below and I will take you along with me! I love you all so very much, and I will see you very soon!
Stay tuned Little ones :) x x x 

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Snapchat:missamymcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment