Sunday 3 July 2016

Vegan Recipe

Vegan lasagna recipe 

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
If you want to have a little chat, or want to keep up to date with what I do daily, check out my social media platforms above and below this blog post :)

Good morning everyone! How have you been? Had a good night sleep? The sun is shining again! I can't believe it, I hope it stays like this for at least a week! I was making dinner last night and I made another vegan creation. Yes that's right ... Vegan lasagna! Before I turned vegan lasagna was one of my main weaknesses. But that's not the case anymore! 
If you want to know how to make this super tasty meal look below and have a gander :)

If you want to see another vegan recipe, click here!






Ingredients:

  • 1 onion;
  • 1 garlic clove;
  • tomato base sauce;
  • 3 carrots;
  • 125 grams spinach;
  • extra virgin olive oil;
  • salt and pepper;
  • 6 lasagna pasta sheets, (I used FreeFrom, you don't have to cook these ones in water).
P.S you just place the FreeFrom lasagna sheets like you would when making a lasagna, you don't cook these beforehand. They cook when they are in the oven. 

STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS:

  1. Prepare your vegetables: wash the spinach and place it in a bowl, cut the onion and dice into small pieces, do the same with the garlic. Chop the carrots into tiny circles and place to one side with the rest of the vegetables;
  2. get a small pan and place the carrots in already boiling water (boil the water in a kettle and place in the pan), cook for 15 minutes of gas mark 4;
  3. preheat the oven to 200;
  4. while the carrots are cooking mix the onion, garlic, salt pepper and extra virgin olive oil in a bowl;
  5. when the carrots are cooked, put them in a bowl. Put the onion and garlic mixture into a pan; cook until the onion is golden and the spinach has reduced;
  6. when the vegetables have cooked, drain the mixture and put into a bowl;
  7. put the first 2 lasagna sheets in your desired cooking tin; layer the tomato sauce on top and place the carrots and spinach mixture on top. Then layer another 2 lasagna sheets;
  8. repeat this process until the carrots and spinach mixture is finished; top the final layer with tomato sauce;
  9. put kitchen foil over the lasagna and cook for 30-40 minutes;
  10. plate your dish and enjoy! :D 

Why these ingredients? 

Spinach:
Spinach is high in fiber, antioxidants and strengthens the immune system. Spinach is perfect if you suffer with constipation, I know that I used to. Since eating spinach I haven't had any trouble with my bowls, apart from the fact that I suffer with IBS.
Also because spinach helps build the immune system, it means that when the colder months settle in; you are already fit and healthy enough to fight all those nasty infections and colds. 

Carrots:
This root vegetable is also a good source of antioxidant agents. Furthermore, carrots are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C. Vitamin C is perfect for the skin, this is what makes the skin glow, as well as repairing cells and making it firmer. 

Garlic:
Depending on how we prepare our garlic depends on how much nutrients we get out of it; this is why I have suggested either: cutting or crushing. This increases the enzymes within the garlic, these enzymes can prevent cancer.

Onion:
Onions are a great antioxidant, they also contain low fat saturation, this won't clog up your arteries, as it reduces cholesterol, in comparison to a normal red or green onion, this is so much better for your mental and physical health.

Thank you for reading this post! I would just like to say that I'm so shocked that more and more of you are talking to me and following me on my social media! I love following you and keeping up to date with what you do as well! I love you all, and I see you as my internet family :)
I will see you again later on today! I'll be writing a review!
If you want to keep up to date with what I'm going to post later on today, as well as seeing what I do today follow me on my social media below; and I'll follow you lovely people back!
Stay safe little ones! And stay tuned! I love you all! x x x

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com


2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm definitely going to try this out - lasagna was also one of my weaknesses before turning pescetarian! I've been looking out for a good no-meat recipe, so thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello you! How are you doing? Oh yay! Please show me what it turns out like! :D
      You are very welcome! Thank you for your kind words lovely!xx

      Delete