Wednesday 15 June 2016

Vegan pasta

Vegan Red Pesto Pasta: 

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Snapchat: missamymcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
If you want to keep up to date with that I do on a daily basis follow me on my social media above, and I'll be sure to follow you right back :).

Hello my lovely Little ones! How have you been today? The weather in the UK has been beautiful! Sun all around. I have another vegan recipe for you, I hope you enjoy. If you want to find out how to make this meal, scoot your eyes below and have a little read:).

You can check out my other pasta recipe click here!





Ingredients:

  • 100 grams of freefrom pasta, I used 50 grams of penne and 50 grams of rotini, simply because I was running low on the two and had to merge two together;
  • Freefrom red pesto sauce;
  • 25 grams of peas;
  • 1 shallot;
  • 1 garlic glove; 
  • chopped up coriander (optional);
  • salt and pepper;
  • extra virgin olive oil.
  • chili powder
Keep in mind, when cooking the pasta it can go from really hard to soft in minutes! So when you think it's nearly done to your required texture keep a close eye on it :). 

STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS:


  1. Boil 300ml of water and place into a medium pan, sprinkle salt and pepper and stir;
  2. put the pasta into the pot and stir; cook for 5-7 minutes;
  3. prepare the vegetables; cut up your shallots and garlic and place into a pan with extra virgin olive oil; along with the peas. Cook for 3 minutes;
  4. put chili powder in the vegetable mix and stir;
  5. drain the pasta and place back into the same pan;
  6. pour the vegetable mixture with the pasta and stir;
  7. add the red pesto sauce and stir; let it heat up for 2 minutes; 
  8. plate up and sprinkle the coriander on top;
  9. ENJOY! :D 

Why these ingredients? 


Pesto:
Pesto is enriched with vitamins A and C, this helps boost your immune system, this will help fight infection, while keeping you fit and healthy. Whereas vitamin A is good is amazing for you eye health; it makes them stronger as well as being a great antioxidant.

Parsley:
Parsley has a huge amount of vitamin K, this helps builds bones and heals heart disease. in addition to this, parsley also has vitamin A, which as we already know is great for our eyes, and acts as a fantastic antioxidant.

Garlic:
Depending on how we prepare our garlic depends on how much nutrients we get out of it; this is why I have suggested either: cutting or crushing. This increases the enzymes within the garlic, these enzymes can prevent cancer.

Thank you for reading this post, I would love to see your recreations! Tag me on my social media platforms:
Instagram:amymrmcguire
Twitter:MissRoseMcGuire

See you soon Little ones, stay well and safe :) x x x










No comments:

Post a Comment