Wednesday 15 June 2016

Vegan Soup

Butternut-squash soup:

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Snapchat: missamymcguire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
If you want to keep up to date with that I do on a daily basis follow me on my social media above, and I'll be sure to follow you right back :).

Good evening Little ones! I'm here again with another vegan recipe, I'm planning on uploading at least one recipe a day; I want to make sure that the vegan menu stays strong and full of delicious ideas. I made this on the spot, butternut squash is my favourite vegetable, and I really fancied soup; but I added a vegan twist; it's creamy and delicious, and makes amazing comfort food:).
If you want to know how I made this soup look below and follow the few easy steps. 

Check out my other vegan recipes here!






Ingredients:

  • 1 butternut-squash; 
  • 2 shallots;
  • 2 garlic gloves;
  • 1 scotch-bonnet chili (if you like spice);
  • 300ml water;
  • salt;
  • pepper;
  • paprika;
  • coriander (optional) 

STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS:

  1. Prepare all the vegetables. Chop up the butternut-squash into medium chunks, (this makes it easier to blend, and quicker to soften in the pan). Cut your shallots into quarters, crush the garlic and slice the scotch-bonnet, then place all the vegetables in a pan;
  2. Sprinkle: salt, pepper and paprika onto the vegetables and pour the boiling over until covering the veg completely; 
  3. Put you hob on 4 (gas mark 4) until it comes to the boil; after that let the vegetables simmer for 35 minutes;
  4. Put the soft vegetables into a blender and blend until you are satisfied;
  5. Sprinkle coriander onto the soup when you've put it into a bowl;
  6. ENJOY! :D 

Why these ingredients? 

Garlic:
Depending on how we prepare our garlic depends on how much nutrients we get out of it; this is why I have suggested either: cutting or crushing. This increases the enzymes within the garlic, these enzymes can prevent cancer.

Shallot:
Shallots is a great antioxidant, they also contain low fat saturation, this won't clog up your arteries, as it reduces cholesterol, in comparison to a normal red or green onion, this is so much better for your mental and physical health.

Butternut-squash:
Butternut-squash is filled with antioxidants, this really cleanses the body, as well as enhancing the metabolism and immune system; they repair: tissue and cells within the body. This is the perfect vegetable as it makes you feel refreshed and ready to start the day. It's also has no saturated fat, which is handy if you are on a diet and need to loose weight. 

Thank you for reading this post, I would love to see your recreations! Tag me on my social media platforms:
Instagram:amymrmcguire
Twitter:MissRoseMcGuire

See you soon Little ones, stay well and safe :) x x x 







  

No comments:

Post a Comment