Thursday 30 June 2016

Vegan Recipe

Watermelon, orange and yogurt smoothie 

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com
Good afternoon! Change of plans, but I thought that I would give you another vegan recipe! I love experimenting with different fruits; and I'm always in the mood for a good old smoothie! So I decided to share my creation with you!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! If you want to know how to make this, have a little look below and enjoy! :D 

If you want to see another vegan recipe, click here!








Ingredients:

  • 1 watermelon;
  • 25ml orange juice;
  • 25 grams vegan yogurt, (I used alpro raspberry).

STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS:

  1. Prepare your fruit: cut the watermelon in half, and half again; this makes quarters, ( as shown in the pictures above). After you have done this, slice the quarters so that they are in strips. Cut around the melon and the skin so you are left with the red flesh. Cut these into cubes;
  2. put the watermelon into the blender and add the orange and the yogurt;
  3. blend for a few seconds, because watermelon is a water based fruit the smoothie won't be lumpy;
  4. ENJOY! :D 

Why these ingredients?

Watermelon:
Watermelon's are filled with vitamins A, B6 and C, and is also an amazing antioxidant. Vitamin C is amazing for the skin, it replenishes the several layers of skin, as well as keeping it hydrated and firm. Vitamin C is common in skin care brands, as it has a multitude of benefits for the skin. As well as this, watermelon also fights infections and builds the immune system. 

Orange:
Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C. They are also a very good source of dietary fiber. Just like the watermelon, oranges are great for the skin. When I make a facial mask oranges are my go to ingredient; not only do they smell great; but they feel fantastic on the skin; it makes me feel awake. 

I hope your day has been amazing so far, and if not, then make it great! I know that I will hopefully be posting another blog post this evening; but I will be heading to my boyfriend's for dinner :).
You will hear from me soon though! Stay tuned Little ones :) x x x 
If you need to ask me any questions, don't be scared! Contact me on my social media platforms above and below this blog post :) 

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com












No comments:

Post a Comment