Wednesday 29 June 2016

Advice

How to plan a holiday 

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com

Good morning lovely people! How are you doing today? I've had a good old breakfast, and I' planning on posting three blog posts! Today is going to be a very productive and busy day for me; but I love a challenge! What are you guys up to today? Please let me know by commenting down below, or talking on my social media platforms! They are listed above and below this blog post!

I am heading to France with my boyfriend and his family in August, it's the first time I have ever been abroad! I know! I'm a very anxious bean, but this year I am fighting my fears and heading to France!
I thought that I would write this blog post to help people how to plan a holiday; as I've been planning mad for the last few months!
If you need help or advice on how to do this, have a little read below and enjoy!

P.S: if you are going on holiday, please tell me where you are going! I hope you have a lovely time!:D 

If you want to read other advice posts, click here!

Buy a planning book:

I bought this from John Lewis, but it can also be found on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1908170085/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0749556722&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=57VPQE7SM4SGKZQJHRBX
There are other planning books out there, you don't need to buy this exact one. It retails for £9.99.

When I found out that I was actually leaving the country for the first time in my life, I was so excited, but extremely nervous! I have NEVER been outside the UK. To stop my anxiety holding me back once more I decided to take matters into my own hands and buy a planning book. This enabled me to write down everything I needed to know. For example, within this book it has several sections which are essential when planning a holiday. 
Without this handy contraption, I don't think I would be leaving the country, I would be too nervous to remember the necessities at the top of my head. Having something organised to write everything down means I can look back on notes, any last minute adjustments can be made; and I can also record my encounters in another country. 
Within this book there are several sections, for example:
  • Check list, 
  • recommended websites to use;
  • where to go; 
  • where to stay; 
  • what places you want to visit; 
  • how you are going to get there 
This is a planners dream book! I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! It changed my life as it didn't make me anxious, it took away my nerves of traveling to a different place. I highly recommend a planning book when you are going on holiday! I can't stress this enough! 






Ask yourself questions:

When planning a holiday, you need to ask yourself the important questions, if you can't answer these questions clearly, then you need to plan further.
Ask yourself:
  • Where do you want to go?
    Where have you always wanted to go? Make your dream a reality. Where in this world has always grabbed your attention? Is it the culture? The atmosphere? The food? Architecture? Whatever you are interested in go and make it possible! I know that I have always wanted to go to Rome, and I am hoping that I will going this time next year. my passion for Italian food is unreal! Pasta is my weakness, as well as architecture. I love buildings, the way they have changed over the years due to war, weather and people. Neat and modern buildings don't interest me, I love imperfections and cracking within the bricks. I want to explore Rome, not just for the beauty,but for the adventure and fulfillment I will get out of it. 
  • What is the budget?
    How much can you afford? This means that you need to plan, how long you are going to stay, where you are going to go when you get there, and what are you going to buy? I know for a fact when I go to France, I want to purchase little trinkets that remind me of where I have been; I want to make my memory realistic. You need to make sure that you know how much you are going to spend on the holiday, as well as getting there.
    To make this dream reality, you need to make sure that you stay within your budget, and don't go over the top. 
  • Where are you going to stay?
    Have you looked at hotels, hostels, B&B's? What do you want to get out of the holiday, where do you want to stay during your experience? This question will be answered differently depending on what you want, and what experience you want. For example, if you want to head on an adventure and live is rough, I would say head to a hostel. They are inexpensive, and you get to meet various characters along the way. On the other hand, do you find hotels satisfying, do you want to live a world of luxury? Are you at home with bathrobes and private rooms? Bu then again, it depends on where you want to go as well. 
  • How are you going to get there?
    When going on holiday, you need to make sure that you know how to get there. What way do you like to travel? Or what way is easier and less stressful for you? I know that I have a fear of flying, I have never been on a plane, and I don't think I've brave enough to do it this year. I know that the way I am heading to France is car and boat. This is the way Chris's family always does it; (my boyfriend). I find this completely perfect, I love car journeys, despite getting really sick, but after the nausea  has faded, I can sleep for hours on end.
    As long as you know how you are going to get there and back, then that's pretty much the majority of your planning sorted. 
  • What do you need to bring?
    Depending on where you are going, varies on what you need to bring. For example, are you heading to Dubai? If so, do you have sun-cream? Do you have the correct clothing? Do you have the right money currency? etc.
    I know that when I head to France I need clothes that are appropriate for the British weather; you guys know what I'm talking about! Hot one minute, then cold the next!
I know that within the next few weeks I will be showing you how to pack a suit case, what you need in your suitcase, and what not to forget! As the weeks role by, I will be keeping you up to date on what I am buying for France, as well as planning.
If you need to ask me any questions,or to have a causal chat, talk to me on my social media platforms above and below this blog post! :D

Thank you for taking your time to read this! I hope you have a lovely day, and I will see you again later on today! I love you lots, stay tuned Little ones :D <3

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com

















No comments:

Post a Comment