Thursday 30 June 2016

Vegan Recipe

Stuffed peppers 

Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com

Good morning! How are you doing today? I know it's early, but I have another vegan recipe for you! I made this last night, and it has made so much of an impact! It's super delicious and easy to make! I hope you enjoy this recipe; I put a lot of thought and hard work into it :) 
If you want to see how this is made, follow the few easy steps down below :) 

If you want to see another vegan recipe, click here!
P.S, I didn't take pictures of when they came out of the oven because they were eaten in a flash! I was super hungry, and so was my boyfriends family, I'm so glad they enjoyed my cooking :) 
I would also recommend one per person, as they are super filling!  




Ingredients:

  • 3 peppers (colour of your choice);
  • 300 grams kidney beans; 
  • 2 garlic gloves; 
  • 25 grams sweetcorn; 
  • 1 onion; 
  • chili powder; 
  • parsley; 
  • salt and pepper;
  • 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil.
    This is the amount of ingredients to make 6, but I was feeding a family of 6. If you need to alter the measurements for just one you can do that as well :). 

STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS:

  1. Preheat your oven to 180;
  2. prepare all your vegetables: chop the peppers in half and take out the core, dice the onion, drain the kidney beans, drain the sweetcorn, dice the garlic and chop the parsley;
  3. put all the prepared veg (except the peppers) in a large bowl; 
  4. pour 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil and mix;
  5. add the chili powder, salt, pepper, and parsley and mix again;
  6. mash the mixture with a masher,(or folk);
  7. spoon the mixture into the peppers; 
  8. place on a baking tray with grease proof paper, and cook for 20 minutes; 
  9. plate up and ENJOY! :D 

Why these ingredients?

Garlic:
Depending on how we prepare our garlic depends on how much nutrients we get out of it; this is why I have suggested either: cutting or crushing. This increases the enzymes within the garlic, these enzymes can prevent cancer.

Onion:
Onions are a great antioxidant, they also contain low fat saturation, this won't clog up your arteries, as it reduces cholesterol, in comparison to a normal red or green onion, this is so much better for your mental and physical health.

Parsley:
Parsley has a huge amount of vitamin K, this helps builds bones and heals heart disease. in addition to this, parsley also has vitamin A, which as we already know is great for our eyes, and acts as a fantastic antioxidant.

Kidney beans:
Kidney beans are an excellent source of molybdenum. They also contain a very good source of folate, dietary fiber, and copper. This builds the immune system and also improves the metabolism, it speeds it up. This is handy when you need to loose weight as everything passes through quickly

Thank you for reading this blog post, I really hope you enjoy this meal, this is one of my favourites, if not my favourite! I'm so happy that I made this, and that the people I served it to really enjoyed it! I want to know what you think! I would also love to see your recreations!
Show me and contact me on my social media platforms above and below this blog post :D
Have a lovely day and see you soon! Stay tuned Little ones :) x x x 



Twitter:AmyRoseMcGuire
Email: missamymcguire@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment